Missouri Home Health Care Agencies
Cost of Missouri Home Care
According to the 2015 Genworth Financial cost of care survey, the average hourly home care rate in Missouri is $19.00.
The monthly base rate for Missouri home care is typically higher when compared to neighboring states. Missouri is also less expensive compared to the national average.
This cost is the base cost for home maker services in Missouri. The rate for home health care services is typically higher. In Missouri, the average hourly rate is $19.00. Additional fees beyond the base rate may apply.
Monthly Costs Compared to Neighboring States
Missouri Home Care Services
The Missouri Bureau of Home Care and Rehabilitative Standards safeguards services provided by certified and/or licensed home health care agencies and hospice programs. The Bureau conducts on-site inspections for Medicare certification and state licensure compliance, investigates allegations of inappropriate patient care and maintains a complaint hotline for consumers. You can get more information on the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services web site.
Missouri Home Health Care Resources
You can contact the Missouri Bureau of Home Care and Rehabilitative Standards at the following:
Bureau of Home Care and Rehabilitative Standards
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
PO Box 570
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570
The Home Health and Hospice Hotline is 1-800-392-0210.
In addition, for more information about various home care options, many Missouri
home health care agencies have joined together to form the Missouri Alliance
for Home Care. This alliance can help refer you to one of their member agencies
as needed. To contact the Missouri home care and hospice agency that serves
your town, visit their web site.
The Missouri Alliance for Home Care recommends asking these questions about the company you are considering for home health care needs:
- Does the company bond and insure caregivers?
- Does the company's Worker's Compensation Insurance cover all caregivers in the event they are injured on the job?
- Does the company deduct local, state, federal and social security taxes from the caregiver's wages?
- Is the company available on-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year?
- What are the company's screening procedures for hiring caregivers? Do they perform background screenings, drug screenings, reference checks, is experience required, proof of car insurance, or other pre-employment screenings?
- Does the company regularly re-screen its employees?
- Are ongoing training opportunities available for the caregivers?
- Once assigned is there regular supervision and evaluation of the caregiver's performance? Who conducts these evaluations?
- Do the caregivers carry photo identification?
- Is there a contract required for services?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What is the cost for care? Are there different charges/costs for care provided on weekends, at night or on holidays?
- Is there a mileage charge that the customer must pay for the worker's drive to and from the home?
- How are you billed and how frequently?
- Do they take credit cards or accept long term care insurance?
Percentage of Home Care Agencies that Accept Medicare
It is difficult to determine exactly what percentage of home health care agencies in Missouri accept Medicare because there is no complete list of home health care agencies. According to our data, approximately 25% of Missouri home care agencies are certified by Medicare. We have found 468 Missouri certified Medicare home health care agencies and anoother 177 Missouri home care companies. Realize that while Medicare provides a great deal of data about certain agencies, those agencies are also likely to be the type with trained nursing staff and therapists. If that isn't the type of care you or your loved one needs, be sure to examine all home care agencies in your area. Learn more about home care and Medicare
Missouri Home Care Services
Of the home care agencies in Missouri that were surveyed by Medicare, the percentage of agencies that provide common services is listed below.
Nursing Care Services: 100.0%
Physical Therapy Services: 97.7%
Occupational Therapy Services: 90.4%
Home Health Aid Services: 86.4%
Speech Pathology Services: 85.9%
Medical Social Services: 72.3%
Missouri Agencies by City
El Dorado Springs
Lake Saint Louis
North Kansas City
- What is Home Care?
- Home Health Care vs. Non-Medical Home Care
- Home Health Care Services
- Non-Medical Home Care Services
- How is Home Care Different from Other Care Options?
- When is Home Care Needed?
- Benefits of Home Care
- Talking to a Loved One
- Selecting a Home Care Agency
- Medicare Quality Data
- Hospice Care
- Home Care Safety
- Considering Home Care Staff
- Home Health Care Costs
- Ways to Pay for Home Care
- Medicare and Home Care
- Medicaid and Home Care
- Does Insurance Cover Home Care
- Using a Reverse Mortgage to Stay Home