Senior Helpers Orlando
Service Area for Senior Helpers Orlando
About Senior Helpers Orlando
1. We are accredited by the Joint Commission, an independent agency that verifies our level of care is provided at the highest industry standards, higher even that standards of service than the state requires. (The Joint Commission accreditation is required for such providers as hospital emergency rooms, and only 8 percent of home agencies nationally have this accreditation.) In addition, we're member of the Better Business Bureau, have many positive reviews on Angie's List as well as from client surveys conducted independently by Home Care Pulse. Both of these latter organizations have awarded Senior Helpers high-achievement awards for customer satisfaction.
2. We never "send a stranger." In our experience, one of the most difficult aspects of being a client of a home care agency was having caregivers show up at our door without any advance notification of a change - and with caregivers who were poorly prepared to provide appropriate care for Marian's mother's needs. If a substitute or new caregiver is needed, this will not happen with Senior Helpers. A proper introduction will be made after a proper notification of a change. We try to keep these to a minimum, of course.
3. We hire our caregivers as our employees. We do not use contracted certified nursing assistants nor do we function as a nurse registry, which is simply a referral service. Our structure ensures additional training and accountability that we feel is vital in order to provide the best care possible! We also pay the employer's share of Medicare and Social Security taxes; sometimes you hear about this causing problems for politicians who employ workers in their homes but don't pay their taxes. Those taxes could otherwise could be your responsibility. We provide caregivers with workers compensation insurance, in case they would be injured on your property. We also insure and bond each caregiver. At Senior Helpers, we take care of all these things; so there's just one invoice to pay and nothing more.
4. All our caregivers are supervised by our Registered Nurses along a Caregiver Manager (providing increased accountability). Our nurses are available to our caregivers around the clock to address any concerns they may have regarding their clients. Most private-pay agencies do not provide this kind of supervision. Our nurses also visit our caregivers while they are working with our clients to ensure they are representing Senior Helpers well!
5. We also require caregivers to have experience with other families whom we call to discuss to verify their suitability for this work, which requires special giftedness. Caring well for someone who needs help is a calling, not a job. Furthermore, our caregivers are required to take an extensive written test before they are interviewed for a position with my company. If selected, they are required to go through two days of training and screening before they are brought onto our team. Background checks, based on fingerprinting, and driver's license checks are also an important part of our screening process.. We also verify training, licensing and certifications for such things as CPR.
Senior Helpers Orlando Services and Certifications
- Accredited By The Joint Commission
- Private Duty Home Care
- Home Care
- Home Health Aid
- Nursing Care
- State Licensed Agency
Cities Served by Senior Helpers Orlando
Senior Helpers Orlando serves ZIP codes that encompass all or part of each of the cities listed below.